After riding my mountain bike from Adelaide to Darwin in 2005, I was keen for another such adventure, but one that returned to the kind of back roads I travelled when riding from Sydney to Melbourne in 2004. I hatched the idea of riding from the southernmost tip to the northernmost tip of mainland Australia, and rather than riding along the main (coastal) highway, try and ride a straight-line route that would necessarily take me on back roads and through a variety of terrains and climates.

Wilsons Promontory to Cape York by bike - Cairns

Day: 024
Date: Sunday, 20 August 2006
Summary: Rest day.
Start: Cairns
Finish: Cairns
Daily Kilometres: 0
Total Kilometres: 3103
Weather:
Accommodation: Staying with cousin, Phil, and his wife, Denise, in Brinsmead, a suburb of Cairns , Queensland .
Nutrition:
Encounters:
Highlights:
Lowlights:

Journal:
I spent the day relaxing, catching up on family news, purchasing a few items and, with Phil’s help, working out how to add a 5 litre water container to my carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment